Long life and good health
IT IS A TIME-HONOURED JEWISH TRADITION TO OBSERVE A YAHRZEIT BY:
- Lighting a 24-hour candle on the evening prior to the Yahrzeit day.
- Reciting Kaddish at the evening and/or the morning Shule service. Click here for Service times.
- Giving Tzedaka (charity). Click here to make a memorial donation.
- Doing a good deed and Mitzvah of your choice.
- It is also customary for men to receive an Aliyah to the Torah on the Shabbat preceding the Yahrzeit. This can be organised by contacting the Shule office at least one week prior to the Yahrzeit.
Please contact the Shule office on 03 9532 9180 if you would like to receive a reminder each year prior to the Yahrtzeit.
Click below to calculate the Hebrew date of the Yahrzeit.